Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Last night we converted Cole's crib into the toddler bed. He slept in it- no problem. I slept so badly because we couldn't find a guard rail to fit and I was listening for the THUD all night. In the morning, he started the Mommy chant for me to come get him. I walked in and he stood up in the middle of the mattress and held his hands up in the air for me to pick him up. I tried to get him to climb down to me but he didn't understand. It was like there was an invisible crib wall up. It was so funny. Anyway, I can't believe how big he's getting. BTW- a little cute Cole trivia. When we ask him a question, in the rare event he doesn't say NO, he says AYE instead of yes. I have no idea where he got this from - neither Mike nor I do it. Who know we had a scottish kid?

3 comments:

Rob said...

damn! Two updates in one day...a memory I will cherish forever :-) We are going to put Payton in her big girl bed soon. We just have not let Danno know that he needs to bring it with him when he visits in a few weeks...I am sure that will go over like a terd in the punchbowl. Glad to hear Coleoliolio liked his big boy bed. When we started with Kade we just threw him into a twin size bed...he fell out once or twice but hey...that is part of youghening up those boys!

Jen said...

I can't believe our kids are ready for big kid beds. The time is flying by. Good luck with the job stuff. I am sure it is stressful. We are thinking of you all and you are always in our prayers. Miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Cole is getting so big! When we moved J.T. into his toddler bed he had the "invisible rail" up too. Unfortunately that doesn't last long and they realize that they can get out whenever they want. The nice thing is that they come into you instead of you having to get up to get them out of bed. Miss you guys...hope to see you soon.