Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The invisible crib rail is no longer

At approximatley 4:45 this morning, Cole started crying in his bed. I went in an got Elmo off the floor, tucked him in and said "Night night". Well, this didn't go over too well with (as Rob and Jen would call him) Coliolio. He started screaming and took things into his own hands. With Elmo in one hand, and Cookie in the other, he made the trek through the dark to our bedroom. Akin to political pundits on FOX news discussing the primary results, Mike and I are trying to figure out how this development will effect our future. Is all privacy gone? Will he do this every night now? Will he "catch us"? I already wish that rail was back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the day that J.T. lost his "invisible rail". He became my walking alarm clock...every morning at 6:00ish (sometimes earlier) he comes in to greet me "Hi Mommy Hi". I guess that's nicer than the real thing. Anyway, he'll stay in bed once the thrill wears off. Just be sure he's sleeping so he doesn't walk in when he really shouldn't (or just lock the door :) )

Anonymous said...

I remember the day I lost my "invisible Rail". I was dropped off by Mike one summer evening after a fun night at Fat Sams in 2000 and proceeded to enter the house and venture to the bedroom. I made it to the room, but in the evening I got scared and went into my parents room for the night. It was a 1 time thing for me...